Preview of Grant Questions
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE GRANT APPLICATION. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A GRANT, YOU MUST SUBMIT ONLINE. CLICK THE "LOG IN" BUTTON TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION.Standard Performance Grant Application Questions
Arts Education Percentage
Total Individuals Benefiting
Amount Requested (please round to the nearest dollar)
Provide a very brief summary of your project, including the outreach activity. For example: "Two chamber music public performances and one K-12 lec/dem outreach." (There is a 75-character limit for your answer.)
What is the "popular" name of your organization (if it has one)?
When did your organization officially begin its operations?
Number of paid, full-time staff
Number of paid part-time staff
Number of volunteers
Did you expend $500,000 or more in in federal awards during the prior fiscal year?
Artist/Company state or country
**To be eligible for a TourWest grant, the artist must reside and operate outside of the state of the presenter.
Artist/Company primary contact person
Artist/Company Web site address
Total number of years that artist/company has been touring
Management name (if different from artist/company name)
Management primary contact person
Management Web site address
Please fill in the spaces below with the organization's operating income and operating expenses. (NOTE: Universities should list only the department or presenting series budget, not the entire school budget.)
Operating income for the previous fiscal year.
Operating income for the current fiscal year (please round to the nearest dollar)
Operating income for the upcoming fiscal year (projected)
Operating expenses for the previous fiscal year (please round to the nearest dollar)
Operating expenses for the current fiscal year (please round to the nearest dollar)
Operating expenses for the upcoming fiscal year (projected)
Sources of Project Cash Expenses - Actual Cash Expenses
A. Artistic Fees
B. Production Costs (personnel, equip.)
C. Space rental
D. Marketing (publicity, etc.)
E. Other Expenses
F. Total project cash expense
Sources of Project Cash Income
A. Earned income
B. Contributed income
C. State arts agency income
D. Local government income
E. Other income (include applicant cash)
Total project cash income (total must equal the sum of lines a - e)
Performance start date
Performance end date
Number of public performances
Number of outreach activities
Performance facility name and location
Number of seats in venue
Cities/States served by the project
What is the population size (in numbers) of the area that this program will serve?
Will this project be part of a series?
If yes, how many performances are in your series?
Please upload your organization's presenting seasons from 2011-12, 2012-13, and 2013-14 (projected). The document you upload must be a MS Word or PDF file and contain all three presenting seasons, formatted in a typed list, within one document. (Do not upload season brochures.)
1. Provide a brief introduction to your community (location, demographics, economics, etc.). How is it underserved culturally, economically, and/or geographically? What specific underserved population(s) are you attempting to reach with this project? (There is a 1000-character limit for your answer.)
2. Describe the public performance portion of your project, including date(s) and location(s) of the performance(s). How does the public performance address the needs and interests of your targeted underserved audience? Describe the involvement of these individuals and/or community partners in the planning and implementation of the project. (There is a 1500-character limit for your answer.)
3. What are the outreach activities for the project as they have been planned thus far? Include the expected location for the activities and the anticipated participants. How have these individuals and/or community partners been involved in the planning and implementation of the outreach? Explain the benefit to your community that the outreach will provide. (There is a 1500-character limit for your answer.)
4. Describe your artistic choice for this project. How was the artist selected (i.e., by community committee, seen at a juried showcase, etc.)? Why is this artist worthy of public funding? How do the performer(s) or their work relate to your targeted underserved community? What is the relevance and potential impact that the artist(s) will have on your community? (There is a 1500-character limit for your answer.)
5. How do you plan to market this event? What strategies will you utilize to evaluate the success of the event and/or your audience development goals? (There is a 1000-character limit for your answer.)
6. Is this artist block-booked within the western region? Provide information on any block booking activities that you engaged in while coordinating this project. Your explanation should include the efforts undertaken, the extent of your collaboration, and specific partnerships with other presenters and/or presenters' consortia in your region. (There is a 1000-character limit for your answer.)
I certify that the information provided in this TourWest application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge, and that the applicant organization will adhere to the assurance of compliance.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE GRANT APPLICATION. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A GRANT, YOU MUST SUBMIT ONLINE. CLICK THE "LOGIN" BUTTON TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION.